Empowering and training the young women and children will necessitate their ongoing needs to be met. These include the following: improved shelter, health care, food, education, training and transportation. At AFOPH, we will work with the Arusha Government, NGOs, foreign, domestic and faith based organizations, community members and recruit interested partners and volunteers. This will entail various levels of raising funds and consciousness in relationship to the scope and particulars of their current and ongoing needs.
- Director Rebecca Kane is now visiting Arusha and dispersing $1600
- Donations raised to forward the needs of a new PH home and related needs for the women and girls
- President Rebecca Kane, LCSW spends 1 month at PH
- Organized and participated in MediGap Presentations
Infection Control and Mental Health
- Conducted Research Project Re: Mental Health of 30 women at PH
- Outdoor Communal Service Tent Completed
- International Donation $1000 Black Ink
Improving Infrastructure of PH for new Charity Registry
- Building Better Futures Campaign Black Ink
Total Gain $1600
- Connection with Local Orphanage/Women's Med Center Organization
- Initiation of new PH shelter plans.
- Facebook Fund Drive - $1000
All funds to Facilitate Continuation of Students at Habari Maalum College.
- American Friends of Pippi House Becomes Non-Profit as recognized by US Govt/IRS.
- November-December Facebook Fund Drive - $2000
Funds for all Levels of Educational Needs.
- Conducted Women's Empowerment Group
- School Uniforms/Supplies
- Painting of Shelter Exterior
- Purchase of Furniture
- Facebook Fund Drive - $700
All sent to help continue Students at Habari Maalum College Audio/Visual Tech.